Treats n’ Treasures is a volunteer-run thrift store owned and operated by Shepherd’s Care Foundation. The store was started as a way to help new residents downsize and easily transition as they moved into the Shepherd’s Gardens Heritage tower; however, it now receives goods from the general public and corporate businesses.
Stop in to donate items or do some shopping for previously enjoyed treasures and enjoy a coffee in our social room.
When you shop at the Treats n’ Treasures Thrift shop you are getting more than a well-loved item, you’re also helping the seniors at any of the Shepherd’s Care Foundation residences. Here are some ways the residents benefit from your purchase or donation:
- Help 216 seniors in long term care receive innovative, person centered care without living in the hospital
- Provide 172 seniors with the resources to be as independent as possible in a Daily Supportive Living environment
- Allow 124 seniors living in secured dementia communities to be able to recall memories through music
- Strengthen Rehabilitation and Recreation Programs so our resident can stay active and social at their own capacity
- Offer emotional support, comfort and encouragement to seniors and families during times of grief
- Create a safe and comfortable place for 1800 seniors to call home